The new Literary Orphans website has some very, very notable changes that we would like you to be aware of. If the website loads slowly on your first visit, give it time. It will increase in speed after your initial visit.
1. We are now “responsive,” which essentially means our website works with tablets and smartphones MUCH better than previously.
2. Images are streamlined, this means that images load faster than they did on the old website.
3. Collapsible text content: you can now hit the little arrow, on the top right/left of each page to see the full background photo. This does not work with center justified pages, such as this one.
4. Adaptive Design: the new design allows for more accessibility from many different computer resolutions. Just like the old site, however, this means images are sometimes cropped if you are viewing on low resolutions.
5. The old website will remain as it was for archival purposes. There are currently no plans to adapting issues 1-4 to the new design.
6. Images will open in a “lightbox” when you click on them, so that you can view them better.
7. The caveat to bullet 6 are thumbnails–such as the “photo contents page,” and such, where clicking on such images will open pages.
8. This site was designed on Windows 7 with Chrome, at a resolution of 1920×1080.
9. We run a storage cache–which should allow you to load pages faster, once you have browsed the site once or twice.
10. We now have a convenient Table of Contents (as of issue 10) for the most recent issue, that is harbored on the side of the screen. Clicking on the square titled T: opens the Tavern Lantern contents, AR: Featured Artists, AN: Anna March’s Foundlings, F: General Fiction, P: General Poetry.
11. We have included read-time for stories. This was done to empower readers. In the Table of Contents page, you will now notice the estimated read time to the right of the piece’s title. Also, as you scroll down the page you will notice in the bottom right a small textbox that will pop up everytime you progress 1 minute further, informing you of the time left. The average reader goes at a speed of 200 to 300 words per minute. All our times are calculated at 250wpm.
12. Whenever you select text on the website, a popup will occur–allowing you to immediately post that quote to social media outlets such as Facebook or Twitter. If you have any issues with this, please e-mail us by the link below, this one in particular we are interested in user feedback.
If you have any trouble, please e-mail us:
firstname.lastname@example.orgRunning sport media | Women's Nike Air Max 270 trainers – Latest Releases